PowerPoint Data Extractor
This was an custom solution for converting a large set of Powerpoint presentation files into a database format for ST16 Limited.
ST16 needed to recreated a large number of Powerpoint files into their own custom format for a client. While ST16 worked on creating a new player using the database designed by Graphic Reality, we developed this tool to convert and build the data for the database.
- Conversion of page data, including text, position, size, and elements such as images, video, sound and buttons.
- Extraction of all media files within the presentation.
- Extraction of all ordered/unordered lists.
- Overall structure of presentation was maintained.
- Sample website produced to provide easy mechanisms to explore the converted data.
- Developed in J2SE, using the NetBeans IDE.
- Converted data exported into an Access database file.